This blog is simply the telling of one helpmeet and mother's quest to fulfill her God-ordained destiny. It is written with the hopes that other young women will embrace their calling to be godly wives and mothers; that they will be encouraged to love their husband and children and will find contentment in being keepers at home.


Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Potter's Wheel

As a mom, I often feel the need to protect my children from difficult situations.  My heart  breaks when I know they are facing rejection, lonliness or pain of any kind.  But despite my mother heart, I also know that God has allowed this difficult situation to mold and shape my child's character.  Out of the trials and tests will come a character that truly reflects Christ.  Character is a victory not a gift.


In Noah Webster's 1828 Dictionary the word meek means:

          1. Mild of temper; soft; gentle; not easily provoked or irritated; yielding; given to forbearance


Now the man Moses was very meek, above all men. Num.12.
2. Appropriately,humble, in an evangelical sense; submissive to the divine will; not proud, self-sufficient or refractory; not peevish and apt to complain of divine dispensations. Christ says, "Learn of me, for I am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find rest to your souls." Matt.11.
Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Matt.5.

***********************************************

"Submissive to the divine will, not peevish and apt to complain of divine dispensations" really speaks to this issue.  God has allowed, no, not just allowed, but custom-made this situation for my child.  He knows just how much pressure to apply to the vessel to make it pliable.  Any more pressure and the vessel would crack.  But, He in His wisdom, knows how to knock off the rough edges and smooth out the uneven spots in their character.

I have committed my children to God and I can trust Him to bring about the situations that they NEED to go through.  He will give them the grace and strength to endure and they will come out stronger, better people because of it.

No comments: